Looking for a liveaboard diving Australia adventure? The Great Barrier Reef offers avid divers some of the best sites in the world where they can enjoy some quality dives. The reef runs along the east coast of Queensland and offers plenty of marine life to see ranging from the tons of fishes to the vibrant coral that dot the seascape. There are great adventures to experience and every wanderer who happens to experience the liveaboard diving adventure here generally leaves with lots of great tales to tell. You can see sharks, ray, turtles and plenty of other large fish to make for a totally exciting experience.
Some simple tips to keep in mind when you are planning liveboard diving Australia adventures at the Great Barrier Reef:
· Choose the right company for your liveaboard diving adventures in order to avoid disappointments. It is always advisable to pick one that has numerous dive permits. Multiple permits allows the companies to pick locations that are based on the same conditions and they can also change reefs when one proves to be popular and this allows you to maximize on your drive experience.
· The most popular spots for jumping off to explore the Great Barrier Reef is undoubtedly Cairns but there are numerous other less known and less touristy jumping off spots that you can also explore such as Cape York, Townsville and Port Douglas. In these places, you will also find that parts of the reef have also been better preserved.
· Know the average costs of the dives so as to avoid getting ripped off although if you get a reputable dive company, you can establish the costs in advance before you head off to your liveaboard diving Australia adventures.
· You don’t have to know how to dive in order to head off to the Great Barrier Reef. Even if you don’t, you can still have an awesome time watching or snorkeling the reefs.
· Carry your dive camera in order to capture most of the action. If you don’t have a dive camera, you can also rent one in some of the bigger boats. You can ask before you board or when you are booking your liveaboard diving Australia tours.
Cairns, on the Australian east coast, is probably the best place to experience the Great Barrier Reef. Most visitors depart from and return to this place when they go liveaboard diving. Visitors can also take a nice low-level flight to the Lizard Island where you can fly over some spectacular scenery on your way to the island. Visitors arrive here via the Cairns International Airport which has some excellent amenities and is situated only 5 minutes from the Cairns city centre.
While the Queensland east coast generally presents some superb diving opportunities, there are plenty of other awesome places where you can enjoy some quality liveaboard diving such as the Rowley Shoals. Situated in Western Australia and some 300km into the sea, you can experience chains of coral atolls here that rise vertically. The Rowley Shoals also has some dramatic tides that pour lots of water from the coral landscapes.