If you live in an apartment or a small house, you know the problems you can run into when the builders have left you with a very small bathroom. It can feel like you have very little choice as far as creating something spacious that will fit all your accessories and items is concerned. If you have a lot of items and makeup, it can become a cluttered mess. Your private time in the bathroom can become stressful instead of relaxing. No need to worry; there are some tips on how to make your small bathroom remodel in Sartell MN easier, functional and more cost effective.
Use the space you have efficiently
It is important to look at your space and see what kind of small bathroom remodel in St. Joseph MN you can accomplish with what you have. There are various options you can consider when it comes to optimizing your small bathroom spaces:
· Create custom-built shelving units on the walls. You can get crates at craft stores or build very small shelves that don’t go too far out that you can use to store things like makeup and shelving for blow dryers and curling irons.
· Install peg rails with small wooden shelves on top where you can hang things like toilet paper, paper towels and your regular towels. You can also put things like shampoo and other toiletries.
· Have storage ladders and storage towers focusing on using up the height of the room which will give you a lot more space to work with.
· Stackable wicker boxes or any boxes that match your pattern where you can hide things in will leave a lot more room for your small bathroom remodel in Monticello MN.
· Build niches into the sides of your vanity to hold items.
Create more space in the shower
After you have made more space outside, you should work on making space inside of the shower or tub in your bathroom remodel in Monticello MN. This should include some upgrades in the bathtub or shower. It will open up the area and make you feel much more relaxed.
· Get a curved shower rod. The ones that form a circle instead of going straight across is a trick a lot of hotel and motels use to make the shower appear bigger. The first thing you say when you go in the bathroom and see that is that it is a huge shower.
· Build some shelving that goes recessed into the shower instead of out and you won’t be knocking things off of the shelves anymore. Showers can become catch alls for everything and this will prevent that problem. Check out Mondloch Remodeling
· Get rid of the bathtub and do a walk-in shower with a nice bench. This will create so much more room if you add the extra spaces that a tub takes up. If this is not an option, the other two will still help dramatically.
Find someone to help you do your remodeling
There are plenty of contractors who will do a professional bathroom remodel in Monticello MN, but you have to make sure they have references and are licensed to practice in your state. It is best to find somebody with a known reputation and long work history. John Mondloch Remodeling Inc. has been remodeling for years and has openings for new clients. Set up a consultation on their website.